Gone Bust?

HAMA Photography
HAve PicPic dissappeared?  I have their ipad version and have some issues with it randomly shutting down which is a pain when you are a few hours into an event as it takes a good while to resync all the photos taken. I have asked via their website if there is a solution or is it a known problem but I get no response.  They were pretty helpful before I bought but Im getting nothing from them now.  Any body now if its just their business model to ignore of if there is some other issue.

OR has anyone else experienced the problem and know what the cause might be (and more importantly a solution}

Thanks
Adrian

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Mike
    No they are very much still around. I'll reach out to them and see if we can't get you squared away Adrian.
  • SeyeDotCo
    [quote=34950]HAve PicPic dissappeared? I have their ipad version and have some issues with it randomly shutting down which is a pain when you are a few hours into an event as it takes a good while to resync all the photos taken. I have asked via their website if there is a solution or is it a known problem but I get no response. They were pretty helpful before I bought but Im getting nothing from them now. Any body now if its just their business model to ignore of if there is some other issue. OR has anyone else experienced the problem and know what the cause might be (and more importantly a solution} Thanks Adrian [/quote]

Hello Adrian,

Sorry if you've sent a message that has gone without a response. I did a quick search in our inbox and the last message I see is from March 3, 2014. In the last month and an a half we have done 3 server changes in anticipation for some new features coming to the software. It's possible our server may have been down and your message wasn't delivered.

Regarding your crashing issue, disable filters. Filters has been known to cause crashing on some ios versions and disabling the feature fixes the problem. A permanent fix will be available in shortly when we roll out our changes we've been working on.
  • HAMA Photography
    Thanks Mike.

Thanks SeyeDotCo for your response.  I do have filters enabled but it doesnt seem to be when the use filters that it crashes.  Ive tested the filters quite a bit without issue, however will turn them off at next event.

The crashing does seem to be more prevalent when a client is hammering the emailing.  They sit on the ipad and will email 6 or more booth sessions one after the other.  Sometimes they get away with it then other times, they get to about 4 or 5 email sessions and it dumps you back to home screen of the ipad ( I have the ipad locked so the home button doenst work so in theory/ practice it isnt the inadvertent press of the home button or any other button for that matter.

The dumping to home screen is a pain but the real pain is when your 4 hours into an event and there are hundreds of photos taken the app takes a long time to resync all the photos again so my clients often give up waiting for their photos to come back on the screen.  At last nights wedding it dumped me out at least 7 times.

But I will disable filters and see how we go.  Thanks