ADJUSTING THE CAMERA FOR the HANDICAP

smilebox
HELLO !

I own a MOJO PHOTOBOOTH and would like to offer my clients the possibility of adjusting the camera. This is in order for the handicap in a wheelchair, and smaller people to appear in the pictures without having to stand up or climb on a bench to reach the height needed to appear in the screen.

I appreciate any feedback, and suggestions.

Evelyn

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Scott204
    I don't have a good answer for this.  In fact, I just joined this site looking for an answer to the exact same question.  Have you found any solutions yet?
  • miker1267
    I don't have the same booth as you but I installed a MP-101 pan and tilt unit in my booth.  I used to manually reach thru the hole and move the camera up and down to accommodate the little folks.  The camera is mounted to the unit and and tilts it up and down via a remote control.  I run the remote control to the outside of my booth where I attach it with velcro.  I used it last night for the first time and it worked great.  Much more professional too.  I am not familiar with the Mojo booth so I don't know if this helps or not.  We do not let clients do any adjustments.
  • robzeke
    I modified my booth with the mp 101 as well. I used it last night for the first time and don't know how I managed without it.
  • Mike
    check out the MP-101 they are very nice. Our new booths have them and they are also nice for children and shorter/taller than average adults.
  • kevin-colangelo
    use air lift stools for small children and use the zoom on your camera
  • Connie@QtheMusicDJ.com
    I have a Mojo as well and have done 2 Special Needs Dances. Most of the guests were in wheel chairs or could not safely step on a riser. So, I backed up my kiosk further away from the backdrop and tilted the camera in an angle by wedging paper underneath. It worked out really well. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • nycboom
    hey folks..new to the site and new to the photo booth industry..I use an open air booth because of this reason..special needs folks and the little guys..its more versatile ..I just tilt the camera downwards, with a slight zoom in and works just right..no effect on the background at all..cheers
  • kaklophotofun
    This is not as good a solution as the pan/tilt head but with a Mojo (what I have also) you would have to customize the interior bracket to allow the extra room for the pan/tilt.  A much cheaper but less professional solution that I have used on several occasions are little wooden shims.  You can get them from Lowes or Home Depot.  They come in a pack and are wedge shaped... you can use one or stack multiples.  You can either wedge them under the bottom of the base but, for more stability, I loosen the top box from the mid box and then wedge the shims between them to tilt the camera box slightly forward.  I also use the widest angle setting on my lens.

Again, not as great a solution but it works pretty good... on the cheap.