Framing Pictures in Breeze

CornerstoneDrew
I use the digital zoom in Breeze a lot. It allows my operators to frame the picture easily without having to touch the camera. The problem is that the digital zoom only applies to the pictures on the photo strips. It doesn't apply to the individual pictures saved to the computer. I'm about to start using social media kiosks, and with social media kiosks, having individual pictures that aren't framed correctly poses a problem. Is there an easy fix for this? How can I easily frame each individual picture correctly?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • CTJB
    I really think there are only two options.

1 just teach your staff how to use a camera.  30 min. of training should be enough to show someone how to zoom in and out and take a test photo.  (we use enclosed booths and generally just use the P setting on cannon t3s and t5s)  My staff can handle it.  Just make sure they know the importance of taking a focus shot before going to full screen mode.

2. don't bother sending the individual photos....  We use the social media too, but we send the strip or the 4x6 4pic formatted print.  Breeze will even crop strips for you and you can send the cropped version to a separate folder and make that your watch folder....  Then is cropped and perfect before even going over to the tablet.  The strips are what guests generally seem to want anyway.  We do send all files to the client via email the next Monday too.... Sending over the large image files will also mean guests will spend longer at the tablet and the next person will have to wait even longer.  It could also be a drag on the system, so if you are at a venue with slow wifi, you may get some issues.

Wish I had a better solution for you.
  • CornerstoneDrew
    CTJB,

I was actually looking for a solution that avoids having to touch the camera. I sits inside the booth housing and is hard to access every time there needs to be a reframing. Moreover, sometimes we use a pipe & drape privacy enclosure that makes it even more difficult to access the camera.

I emailed Chris at Breeze, and after a little work, he figured out a solution that works incredibly well. I'm pasting it below:

"Actually, there is a trick you can use to save the cropped version. First put a greenscreen_background.jpg image in your photobooth images folder and then enable green screen in full screen photo booth mode by typing Ctrl+G. Select "Enable greenscreen display", set the method to "Hue/Saturation" and drag the Hue slider fully to the right so that it displays "Greenscreening disabled". Then select the "Save copy of greenscreened photos" option. This will save a digitally zoomed copy of the photo in the greenscreen subfolder (without green screening it)."
  • MikeBender

CTJB,
    "Actually, there is a trick you can use to save the cropped version. First put a greenscreen_background.jpg image in your photobooth images folder and then enable green screen in full screen photo booth mode by typing Ctrl+G. Select "Enable greenscreen display", set the method to "Hue/Saturation" and drag the Hue slider fully to the right so that it displays "Greenscreening disabled". Then select the "Save copy of greenscreened photos" option. This will save a digitally zoomed copy of the photo in the greenscreen subfolder (without green screening it)."

@CornerstoneDrew Nice little hack, thank you for sharing this!