Fotoshare

mikehgbates
Hi There,

Currently using dslrbooth software and looking at streaming to an ipad via fotoshare for the social media choices.

Anyone have any prior excerience of using this, good points and bad please?

Once we trial it at our event, I'll post some feedback if not.

All we will be doing is printing directing from our hardware and offering a choice to upload via the ipad as well.

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • MikeBender
    I've read a few comments over the years, but not much and nothing recently. I actually was wondering if they were still offering it. Look forward to hearing your experience with it!
  • mikehgbates
    Yep will definitely update, reviews appear lacklustre to be sure.
  • MikeBender

Yep will definitely update, reviews appear lacklustre to be sure.

That is kind of what I have seen also. I look forward to hearing your experience!
  • mikehgbates
    edited September 2016
    Well my experience so far having tested the software via Ipad and Surface Pro 4.

Currently use surface pro 4, clicker to take event photo's and then have a bouncepad Ipad stand for social media a little way to the side to keep footfall nice and orderly.

As a whole the fotoshare app looks nice, is user friendly and it would be a low cost option to offer social media to your customers if it didnt have stop dead issues.

The dslrbooth software generally communicates very well to Ipad when uploading photos, have to give it a few minutes as it can get stuck on "downloading' but if you start a new album/event and click away, it mainly uploads fine.

(Twitter & Facebook intergration I have not tested yet, so cannot comment on if they work).

But has many flaws which until fixed I would strongly suggest you don't bother using -

1)From the UK the SMS/Texct option doesnt work - you put in a mobile number and it comes up with 'Incorrect phone number'. So basically its useless.

Waiting on support to reply for this, 24hrs plus so far..

2) Emailing - Works but just sends to client saying 'here is your photo' even if you have formatted a company docussed email via the dslrbooth software setup (which works fine from the main unit).

So the two systems do not share the formatted data, making the Ipad App pointless.

Again waiting for support to advise 24hrs +

3) No way to turn off social medai options on Ipad, so if you didnt want Airprint, Twitter etc you cannot stop as customer from trying them (and explaining sorry they dont work ad nauseam).

Not a big issue but surely not hard to code in as dslrbooth has this already but again a sign the two systems don't share core setup data.

4) Support is poor, waiting 24hrs+ for guidance on these issues.

Dslrbooth support is generally good I have found but stony silence on support for fotoshare.

Overall

So if they fixed the SMS texting and formatting I would say its worth it if you use social media via a second 'kiosk option' to steer clients away from your event photo line. 

I will be using it at an event this weekend and gather I will be apologising a lot to customers saying 'xyz' doesnt work sorry but as its been subscribed to for the moment, I will push on.

But for now, sadly I would say they selling an app that really should be removed from the appstore as its not fit for purpose.
  • MikeBender
    Thanks for the thorough review. Sounds like they are close but not quite there. 
  • 530photobooths
    We use this a lot. It works well and have had no real problems. The one thing I hate is that when you text it to clients, it prompts them to pay for a subscription to "share" it. I pay for the app, why would they do this? You really don't have to pay to view it, it just make you look silly and you have to explain to everyone that they DON'T have to pay for anything.

• mikehgbates
    Ok - a reply from support and all this would be great if they supplied a user guide..

1) fotoShare currently does not include the formatted e-mail from dslrBooth. This is a feature we'll be adding in the future. You can currently only change the message under iOS Settings, fotoShare, Sharing.

2) Make sure to enter your Country Code under iOS Settings, fotoShare, Sharing, SMS.

3) You can turn off these under: iOS Settings, fotoShare

So this makes it so much more useful then:) and the ability to turn off the media you dont need is ace.

Will test on Saturday, especially the SMS from the UK setup.

• instantphotolive
    edited October 2016
    If y'all are still looking for a solution, ours gives instant access straight to your guest's phones. Everyone has a screen in their pocket, why not use that instead of setting up a special iPad kiosk?

Your guests see the photos taken in near-realtime on a mobile-friendly website with your logo at the top, and can easily download them to their own phones and use their own social media apps to publish the photos without any other fuss.

If you want a two-month free trial (no credit card) so you can see if it's the right solution for you, check it out: https://instantphotolive.com . And please contact me ( hello@instantphotolive.com ) with any ideas or features you've been wanting in a solution like this! I'm the developer and the business owner.
  • mikehgbates
    Tested on Saturday -

Credit where credit is due, worked flawlessly. SMS was fine although annoying you had to keep telling each customer not to put the '0' of their mobiel in, but no drama.

Email was main winner, everyone was keen, about 70% of data taken was via this method and easy to use.

Facebook/ Twitter had zero takeup as people couldnt remember their passwords.

End client wise very happy as they were keen to collate social media data for marketing, so a win win really.

Used a 'bouncepad' ipad stand as a seperate stand alone item and was very useful.

So for us, we will carry on using it at events.
  • chinitoh
    I've been using the Fotoshare app. It's a very good app. I'm not sure why other on here are getting errors but I've had no complaints. People actually rave about it after they've shared their pics. I have Facebook, SMS, Email and Twitter on there. I don't get a lot of Twitter folks but the FB and Email are the top choices with SMS being third. I've configured the Message, Subject and reply email lines in iPad and it comes out just fine on the receiving end. 
  • orlandophotoboothevents@outlook.com
    If y'all are still looking for a solution, ours gives instant access straight to your guest's phones. Everyone has a screen in their pocket, why not use that instead of setting up a special iPad kiosk?

Your guests see the photos taken in near-realtime on a mobile-friendly website with your logo at the top, and can easily download them to their own phones and use their own social media apps to publish the photos without any other fuss.

If you want a two-month free trial (no credit card) so you can see if it's the right solution for you, check it out: https://instantphotolive.com . And please contact me ( hello@instantphotolive.com ) with any ideas or features you've been wanting in a solution like this! I'm the developer and the business owner.

Do you have a video link to a demo?