Advise on Software :)

tastycrumpets
Hi all,

I am just starting up my own photo booth business for the wife but with all the different types of software available I don't know which one to purchase.

I have tried Social Booth and DarkRoom but cannot really see the difference between them both apart from DarkRoom been slightly easier.

Any advice please as I want to make the right decision.

Thank all

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • CTJB
    I absolutely LOVE Breeze Systems.  other programs may be a little more user friendly when starting out, but it is really not difficult at all.  We have been using it for 7 years now and just love it.

It is stable, never crashed or causes any problems and is a reliable work horse.

WE have tried Social booth, and think it is ok, love some of the options, but since the software is both photo booth software and social software, it seems to create an issue or two if there is a problem sending out the photos over a slow wifi connection. 

Just a note, we have never used breeze;s social portion, and prefer to get the photos from the booth to a tablet with another program called photo booth connected........ and those two together work well.  Again, breeze has the social option, but only if you are using it with touchscreen or a keyboard that guests can access.  We like the classic push button, so again prefer to use photo booth connected for that.

hope that helps!
  • tastycrumpets
    CTJB said:
    I absolutely LOVE Breeze Systems.  other programs may be a little more user friendly when starting out, but it is really not difficult at all.  We have been using it for 7 years now and just love it.

It is stable, never crashed or causes any problems and is a reliable work horse.

WE have tried Social booth, and think it is ok, love some of the options, but since the software is both photo booth software and social software, it seems to create an issue or two if there is a problem sending out the photos over a slow wifi connection. 

Just a note, we have never used breeze;s social portion, and prefer to get the photos from the booth to a tablet with another program called photo booth connected........ and those two together work well.  Again, breeze has the social option, but only if you are using it with touchscreen or a keyboard that guests can access.  We like the classic push button, so again prefer to use photo booth connected for that.

hope that helps!
    Thank CTJB, really appreciate your feedback - I hadn't thought about Breeze if I am honest but I will look into it. I am very keen on social as the market is so saturated with it.. booth connected also sounds brilliant!!

Thank you very much
  • CTJB
    So I need to retract my glowing review on photo booth solutions connected software.

We have been using it more and more and it seems we are getting errors and a few quirky things with it...  so I would say it is the company or brand just not having a stable system... help from them seems spotty now 10 months after purchase.

So looking for another solution. And breeze systems has a kiosk add on but lacks those cool filters.  Will be trying breeze's kiosk in conjuction with their dslr pro photo booth software which also will send to social email or txt.

They have always been a solid and stable system and in the last 7 years we have never had a problem...the stability of the system is more important anyway.  If the program is buggy and not 100% it does not matter what extras they offer.

Also found a cool program that will chromecast without having to have that option on your kiosk or booth software.... 

Just wanted to update as things seem to have changed.