My Computer sees my printer but it's "unspecified"! What do I do?

Team ISI
Today's Tech Tip is something we encounter here many many times a month. Maybe you have too. When you plug your printer's USB cable into your computer and it's not seen by Windows. When you download a driver, that "program" is what helps your specific printer talk to your computer and vice versa. If the computer is speaking "English" and the printer is speaking "Korean" they are not going to be very effective working together. Sometimes if the Computer can't see what driver is being used; it uses a generic one and places your printer icon under "unspecified" in the DEVICES AND PRINTERS section of the control panel. Here is a link on how to fix that...http://imagingspectrum.com/…/How-to-install-Brava-21-Driver…
We call it a backdoor install. Basically, you are leading the computer by the nose and pointing to where you have downloaded the manufacturer's driver on your computer. (I like to put them on the desktop so I can find them faster).
If you still need help, we are here for you. 1800-342-9294 The blog on our web page is full of tips and great things to know so take a look there too.