When Selling CD's of a party

JHorton
When Selling CD's of a party. do you generally put the strips OR the pics on the CD??

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • indy99
    Interesting... I don't sell anything at an event and I have no tip jar. The event is all about the Bride and it's not a bazaar to sell things. People at the event get photo strips and are happy with that.  

I don't think the guests would want to pay for more items.  At the end of my events I give the Bride a flash drive with all the strips and all of the individual photos.  This seems to satisfy everybody.

My take is that selling cds, photo frames, holders or any other item is tacky, very tacky.So is a tip jar.  I run a first class operation, pay my help well, so there is no need to have a jar or sell anything at an event.
  • mslaphotoboothrental
    That's interesting, I have typically been operating like the previous person where I don't sell stuff at the actual event. But I've had guests ask to buy an extra cd/flashdrive of the event. I'd probably just put both on there.

I'm going to build a process for selling this product. Maybe I'll just give them my business card and write down their info when they ask about the cd.

• JHorton
    indy99 said:
    Interesting... I don't sell anything at an event and I have no tip jar. The event is all about the Bride and it's not a bazaar to sell things. People at the event get photo strips and are happy with that.  

I don't think the guests would want to pay for more items.  At the end of my events I give the Bride a flash drive with all the strips and all of the individual photos.  This seems to satisfy everybody.

My take is that selling cds, photo frames, holders or any other item is tacky, very tacky.So is a tip jar.  I run a first class operation, pay my help well, so there is no need to have a jar or sell anything at an event.
    Thanks indy99. You have help that you pay? That's great, but for a 1st time booth owner, who is running this by himself and learning. I think my question was legit. I wasn't selling at the event, and I didn't have a tip jar. It was a request for a CD by the grandmother, for a copy of the pictures and events. But thanks for your professional input.
  • JHorton
    That's interesting, I have typically been operating like the previous person where I don't sell stuff at the actual event. But I've had guests ask to buy an extra cd/flashdrive of the event. I'd probably just put both on there.

I'm going to build a process for selling this product. Maybe I'll just give them my business card and write down their info when they ask about the cd.

Thank You mslapphotboothrental. Yes, i get people asking me all the time for copies of the events.  So, I'll probably just add both.
  • Mike
    We do not sell CDs. But we do provide the client with both the composite (strips) images and individual images.