Help picking a software

OmniBuzz
Hello All,

My options: (Any other recommendations would be highly appreciated)
  1. Social Booth
  2. Darkroom
  3. DSLR
  4. Sparkbooth
Which one do you guys use or recommend?

Main goal: Minimal assistance photobooth kiosk for events. The software has the ability to hashtag or upload to Instagram at the kiosk. I spoke with those companies and apparently, the Instagram API conflicts with the photobooth software and is not available to upload onto Instagram through the software. Having the "Upload to Instagram" option would be great, but if not, which software out of those 4 would you recommend?

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • OmniBuzz
    Narrowed it down to Social Booth or DSLR. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • pix
    If you decide to go with Social Booth I will sell you a license for $150. It is past it's update length, but after the $99 updates for another year you still save fifty dollars! I bought it for a specific event with a feature that I needed, but no longer utilize it. It is a very versatile software I just go back to my mainstay/comfort zone.
  • OmniBuzz
    pix said:
    If you decide to go with Social Booth I will sell you a license for $150. It is past it's update length, but after the $99 updates for another year you still save fifty dollars! I bought it for a specific event with a feature that I needed, but no longer utilize it. It is a very versatile software I just go back to my mainstay/comfort zone.
    Ahh I wish I saw this message sooner, I bought it a week ago.

Also do you have any recommendation for the photobooth shell? I will be using a laptop or a surface pro(only if i need too). Are all photobooths able to fit in any tablets or laptops?
  • danieldavis1992
    From my own experience, we started with Photobooths.co.uk own software as that is what came with the Photobooth we bought. When doing similar research to you and utilising the Free Trials, i came to the conclusion that DSLRbooth was best for us. We link it to our iPad and all photo's taken are immediately sent to it. This allows us to offer our clients Email and Airdrop (for iOS) sharing of photos at no cost. This saves our clients money on paying for unlimited prints, which frankly is a waste of time for the majority of events, and with the way people use social media and mobile technology, this solution allows them a free instant copy. It helps when you have 3+ people in the booth who all want a photo, but only one person can have one.

We now also use this with our Mirror Booth, and utilise the Virtual Attendant feature to use MP4 videos for the animations. We build our own animations and then load it into the software in drag and drop capacity. The software our mirror came with required a txt file be edited in cmd line code to look for the video files and then you would have to specify in pixels how big you wanted those graphics to be etc. This software was Breezy software, and it wasnt for us at all.

I also in both regards find that the template editor for DSLRbooth is alot more useful too, and for £159 for the pro version with free updates, you cant go wrong. Within this cost you also get the use of a second license as either backup for your current system or use with another system. They even allow you to use the licences on different operating systems. We bought a Mac license but was allowed to use the second license on windows 10.

I hope this helps
    Dan