What kind of lighting is better?

Is it better to use a LED RING for the light or is it better to use the Camera Flash accessory?

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • sonlight
    I have been a professional photographer since 1990, so naturally, I prefer true studio quality lighting. I have used my auxiliary on camera flash in rare instances, and had good results.
  • PB&J
    Hello OmniBuzz -

I started with a softbox.  It took up more space than I preferred, so then switched to a speedlite until some kid knocked it over.  While considering that replacement, I realized that both had the same drawback:  people in the back row(s) had shadows, especially if they were wearing hats.

Finally tried a ringflash, which I am very pleased with. Even lighting and no shadows on the faces.  Since I mostly use a greenscreen, this light makes it easier to remove the green.
  • Propit
    I'm just wondering what ring flash you used ? I'm in the process of picking my lighting and was going to get a softbox but was having thr same hesitiations of your issues. 
  • indy99
    I use an Alien Bees ABR800 ring flash by Paul C Buff inc.  Best in the biz and the best products.