Does scrap book = 2 attendants for your business?

Mike
When offering scrapbooks do you send a second attendant dedicated to performing the scrap book activities? I send a second attendant, typically my wife.

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • buzzkcphoto
    Depends on the number of guests, at over 150+ we require a second attendant or the client needs to provide one. For our Premium package, we include the second attendant.
  • Martica
    I always send 2 attendants. I upsell the scrapbook a lot.
  • boothpix
    2 attendants even without guest book.
  • Mike
    I am surprised that most of you are sending out 2 attendants regularly. Isn't this eroding your margin unnecessarily?
  • boothpix
    I see it as us coming across as a professional company rather than someone with a camera in a box.

We wear corporate colours onsite too.
  • Unknown
    I can handle running the booth and scrapbook, but with props added too it's hectic. I'll bring the wife along to help as well.
  • donnabenitez
    I agree with all owners. 2 people are necessary for efficiency and personal attention to guests with scrapbook option.
  • catchphotobooths
    scrapbook + 1 attendant = chaos
    scrapbook + 2 attendants = a calmer event
  • Unknown
    We always have two attendants, and by "attendants" I mean myself and my wife. I can't see doing a busy wedding without two people (and especially with the scrapbook, which is almost always in play), it would be...difficult.
  • necheez
    We always have two attendants with the scrapbook. I can't imagine trying to run the booth and do the scrapbook alone! But we are VERY interactive with the guests in the booth, i.e. adjusting the camera up or down, zooming in and out to eliminate dead space, and counting down to the next shot so we don't get a photo of the top of their heads as they are digging through the prop box for the best hat. Sure, the countdown is on the screen but they can't see it if they aren't looking. We don't have audio inside the booth, but that's a neat option.
  • Unknown
    I did an open air photobooth two weeks ago for a birthday part. I was a one man show, setting up and tearing down the canopy and all the equipments, taking the pictures and directing people what to do for Scarpbook. I printed two copies of 4x6, one for the guess to keep and one i instruct them to stick it to a scrapbook paper, write a little notes and put it in the scrapbook. It went well.
  • photoboothking
    Where can we get good priced scrap books to make money off them once we offer the scrap book option?
  • Unknown
    I also would like to know where to get good priced scrap books?
  • Mike
    @photoboothking and @AMG check out this discussion http://www.photoboothowners.com/forum/discussion/44/scrapbookguestbookphoto-album/p1
  • skyhawk
    2 every time. I can do it solo on occasion, but that was my first year in business. I have a husband/wife team on one unit, and have a pool of standby friends to help me on my own events.
  • cowboybooth
    I always send 2 people....myself and 1 of my friends. regardless of scrap book.
    I did an event last weekend by myself with scrap book.....man that was tough, and props were getting damaged, the scrap book wasn't looking great as guests where pasting pictures off the page and overlapping others pictures.
    I will ALWAYS make sure to have 2 people from here on out for sure! That was a nightmare!
  • Soundsations
    Absolutely! You CAN do it alone, however it always goes more smoothly when two people are involved.
  • skyhawk
    Yeah, I did 20 wedding myself my first year, that was crazy. My CPU's were slightly slower at that time, though, and I had about 50 seconds to deal with the scrapbook while the next group was in session. Since upgrading to Mac's with solid state drives, etc, I have to program a delay into breeze, otherwise as soon as the last preview is done, the printer fires, and it's ready for the next session. :)
  • BTP
    Only send one person per booth, haven't had a problem yet. I think the key is the timing between photos and how fast the computer is. I'm not set out to have some sort of record of photos taken per event so I have the time between photos dialed back and am using some slower PC's for the booth so it's easy for one person to control everything. Of course proper training of the person that will be working the event does wonders as well.
  • buzzkcphoto
    We always have a second person. We've changed the way we do scrapbooks though. We always have that one or two guests that decide they need to write their message across an entire page and then you have to figure out how to organize pictures around it and if you're going to run out of pages when you brought twice as many as you though you'd need. So we've started only doing cards for guests to write on, paper clip their picture with it, and collect them for the client to complete their own scrapbook with. We've found this to be very successful as we give them a pen and they bring it back later rather than creating a line at the scrapbook table.
  • Mike
    Only send one person per booth, haven't had a problem yet. I think the key is the timing between photos and how fast the computer is. I'm not set out to have some sort of record of photos taken per event so I have the time between photos dialed back and am using some slower PC's for the booth so it's easy for one person to control everything. Of course proper training of the person that will be working the event does wonders as well.

Exact opposite of me. I am always tweaking to shave a few more seconds off per session. Clients pay me for photos and they pay me well. I feel it is my job to give them as many as I possibly can.
  • BTP

Exact opposite of me. I am always tweaking to shave a few more seconds off per session. Clients pay me for photos and they pay me well. I feel it is my job to give them as many as I possibly can.

Well, don't get me wrong, we love having a full line all night but I offer free re-prints and enough copies of the photos for everyone that was in the booth. So it's kind of a half a dozen of one and 6 of the other. :)