Help Getting Started

Mike
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hello Everyone!.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Lizaflopez
    Hi everyone,

I just joined the community. My name is Liza Lopez from Caracas, Venezuela. I'm at the phase cero of my business. Looking for opinions, recommendations and advices about the equipement required to start a photo booth business. I will appreciate your help.

I have been thinking to build one myself and buy the equipment, but also i have heard that is better to buy one and forget about that idea of DIY. What do you think?

Cheers,

Liza
  • Soundsations
    If you have a basic knowledge of building, go the DIY route. The concept is all the same for most booths and manufacturers only vary by design.
  • Lizaflopez
    I don't have background doing this but firstly i was thinking to sep up an open photobooth with my Nikon Camera and buy the lights, software and the rest to start. Any recommendation??
  • Mike
    Not too many software packages to choose from for Nikons.

Breeze - http://breezesys.com/Photobooth/greenscreen.htm

DSLRBooth - http://www.dslrbooth.com/

If you are doing an open air booth then you might look into a pipe and drape setup.

Since you say that you do not any background in fabrication have you considered purchasing a booth?
  • Lizaflopez
    Hi @Mike
    Yes i've get in touch with some booth owners and I have the prices but now the problem is the transportation, my car and my partner's car are too small so we are figuring out what to do. :(
    Thanks for the advices about the software. I was thinking to buy a Canon Camera, there are more programs available for Canon in the case we decide to build our own.