A Few Questions :)

Troy
So I just built my first booth and It was rockin awesome but after my first gig there were some things i realized i skipped over cosmetically, so Ive been going back over it and working on a few things :) But ive found myself struggling :/

Ok so here one big thing. I want to add a button to the booth. I think i have found the right button but im not sure exactly how to integrate it into the computer and make it push the f4 key?

Also I offer prints for everyone int he booth. Im using Breeze DSLR and changing the number of prints has proven a little difficult unless im holding the keyboard and watching the super tiny number pop up in the corner. Whats the best way to control the number of prints without having to sit with the wireless keyboard?

Anyone every have a problem with the camera getting a little warm? my entire booth was almost cool to the touch but just the camera was getting very warm?

If i failed to provide any needed information let me know. Thanks so much to any help :)

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • LorneChesal
    Whats the best way to control the number of prints without having to sit with the wireless keyboard?

Anyone every have a problem with the camera getting a little warm? my entire booth was almost cool to the touch but just the camera was getting very warm?

The "best" way is what you're doing. Another way is move the reprint process outside of the booth using one of the kiosk applications that has this function built into it. Like Sparkbooth Commercial or Photobooth Connected.

Which camera? It's the live view that heats it up, and it is not good for the camera long term.

It (the camera) was not designed to have the live vew function on for hours/minutes at a time. You could rethink your workflow to leave live view off when not needed. I use Webcam and it gets warm as well, but being on for long periods of time is it's purpose.
  • Troy
    I used the 7d on this first one. Might use the 5d ii next time? Thank you for your help ill look into those :)
  • photoJames
    7d and 5d mk II are both way overkill for a booth. Buy a T3 (unless you are planning to do video) and you should be fine. I know this doesn't answer your heat question directly, just a suggestion to save some $$$
  • Mike
    Was the camera's live view running all the time? The digic processors get very hot when doing so. I made this mistake early on in my software and then figured out that was the heat culprit.
  • fauzone
    Can you upload arcade button you've got? If it's connected to the computer, you can write a simple Autohotkey script to keymap the arcade button.

You can use an Android or iOS device to control the computer remotely (replacing keyboard & mouse). For Android devices, you need to install Unified Remote (free). You can also find similar software for iOS. This way you don't need to buy any additional hardware.
  • Troy
    I bought a couple buttons on the way (i wanted to tinker :P) I got http://www.usbbutton.com/ and I got http://www.ebay.com/itm/390367478606?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 in both red and white. Ya ill have to watch the live view.

The camera doesnt stay int he booth all the time i remove the printer and camera for travel and the camera only goes int he booth if im using it. I agree tho i do need to pick up a t4i or something.

I would like to know of a good way to run a slide show on the 2nd monitor. Some one on here told me they had gotten some free software that they just directed it tot he folder it saved the images in and it did an auto slide show. Where im new to all this i could definitely use some direction :P

Thanks so much for all the help. Really wish i could just pick some of your brains for hours and skip some of the mistakes i know ill make in this adventure :)
  • LorneChesal
    I would like to know of a good way to run a slide show on the 2nd monitor. Some one on here told me they had gotten some free software that they just directed it tot he folder it saved the images in and it did an auto slide show. Where im new to all this i could definitely use some direction :P
    Not totally free, as you are nagged to buy a $35 license for commercial usage. It will run forever as a free product, but it does track how often you run it and will suggest you are using it commercially at a certain point. IMO, well worth the $35.

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Does the job well, can be set to always play on the 2nd monitor.