Idle Time!

shutter
I'm reading Idle Time Charge, what do you consider Idle Time?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Mike
    @shutter wrote:I'm reading Idle Time Charge, what do you consider Idle Time?

For us there are two factors.

1. The distance of the event. If an event is greater than 20 miles away and the client request early setup then we charge a fee. This is because our attendant will stay with the booth.

2. Did the client request a break in service. Such as run the booth during drinks and appetizer and it be idle through the dinner hour. We would charge for that hour at a lesser hourly rate.
  • nzphotobooth
    I don't really give them the option, they pay for the time I am on site, I get them to have the booth for the best use of the time, but if I could get an extra hour rental by having a 30min brake I would do it free of charge!
  • boothpix
    Any time outside of normal set-up an operation, i.e. most of our events are 3 hrs + 90mins either side for comfort set-up & dismantle. If there is a reason why the client wants us there earlier - a fee is payable based on an hourly rate, ditto a break in operation.
  • vreyes
    I charge $50/hr for Idle Time. If they need us to stop the booth for any reason for that hour.
  • takeashot54
    I offer idle time - clients have used it a few times - just recently I was asked to set up for a wedding at 4, but not to open the booth till 9, because they didn't want the distraction of bringing booth and and setting up while their festivities were going on. I charged $50/hr for the 5 hrs of idle time, but in retrospect, I probably should have charged more. Being there 8 hrs, from 4-1am - for a 3 hour package for an extra $125 just didn't seem worth it.
  • Lucktech Photobooths
    I still struggle with idle time. I had a bride ask me at the bridal show this weekend if I would set the booth up at the church to run for a while and then move the booth to the reception hall. She wanted me to do this for nothing extra.

I have lost a couple of gigs because of idle time. I might just have to bite the big one and start eating those hours.
  • vreyes
    Luck,

try negotiating. I told one of my clients that i can move from an area to another if they would pay an extra hour and i would give $25 off $150/hr extra hour which they did.

Vince

@lucktechphotobooths wrote:I still struggle with idle time. I had a bride ask me at the bridal show this weekend if I would set the booth up at the church to run for a while and then move the booth to the reception hall. She wanted me to do this for nothing extra.

I have lost a couple of gigs because of idle time. I might just have to bite the big one and start eating those hours.
  • Lucktech Photobooths
    With the bride that wanted me to setup in two different locations, it was not an issue of just paying for idle time, it is the logistics of moving my setup twice.....No thanks!

I had a bride this fall (actually a bride's mother) want me to setup early and then come back. I told her it would be 3 hours idle time as we don't leave the booth. She didn't like that. I negotiated a swap for the show special for her request. Sent her the agreement to sign and then she decided she wanted to change it further. I said no thanks........20/20 hind sight being what it is, I should have just charged her a 50 dollar idle fee (regardless of how many hours) and it would have probably stuck! Live and learn!