Does anyone here create their own templates?

SaySelfie
SaySelfie
I really want to make my own templates. I am using Photoshop Elements 14. Does anyone have any pointers or tutorials? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Mike
    Mike
    We have some free Photoshop starters that will give you a proven framework to design in. They include the dimensions and locations of all the photos. 

https://www.photoboothtemplates.com/free-photo-booth-templates/
  • Less2
    Less2
    edited November 2016
    I've been using Mikes store for some time now. And always used Elements to tweek them; there are some tutorials on YouTube that will show you the basics. Once you get the hang of it you can use your purchased templates; swap Mix and Match to create a infinite amount of designs.  These were created using Mikes frames and suggested fonts. And I figured all this out by watching YouTube and Mikes tutorials. You just have to have a little patience. By the way I'm using breeze.
  • chinitoh
    chinitoh
    I've been using a different approach to building my templates. I don't know how to use Adobe Elements and it could take me a while to learn it. So what I've done is taken actual objects & backgrounds, photographed them and layered them in Photoshop. Here's one I recently did.

https://t.co/iLBIMpG1kM

The background is my deck, the objects are from things I picked up from craft stores and the photo overlay are just rectangular objects that I created in Photoshop. 

• markmendoza99
    markmendoza99
    we've been using a software called darkroom photo booth, awesome program, they have several tutorials from template creation, to social media uploading, to even green screen!
  • TheButhMN
    TheButhMN
    I use Adobe Photoshop. I learned how to do basics of PS when I was a teenager and interested in learning how to manipulate images to see how certain colors and parts would look on a car. There's tons of tuturials out there on how to use use PS or Elements, just search YouTube. I think the hard part about making your own templates is having a good creative/design mind (which I don't have).

I have a basic master file that contains layers showing where the images will end up and also where the cutoffs are. From there, it's just a matter of playing around with it based on what my clients want.