What is your standard rate?

Mike
Mike
This discussion was created from comments split from: <a href="/forum/discussion/124/how-do-you-differentiate-yourself-from-the-crowd">How do you differentiate yourself from the crowd?</a>.

Comments

• mikeledray
    mikeledray
    <p>Alice</p><p>How much do you charge?</p><p> </p>
  • alice
    alice
    <p>I was charging $200 per hour. Some companies are charging a lot more than that, so I thought that wasn't a bad rate for a company NOT offering video, greenscreen, live facebook, etc. I gave out several quotes through GigMasters (at least 10 in 2 months), but no bookings until I took those prices off the website. Now, I'm not so afraid to call the client (GigMasters will give the phone number if you bid). I just got a booking - less than 100 people for 3 hours for $500. (anyone think that's "cheap"?) I don't mind this kind of party cause they never last 3 hours anyway with so few people. After 2 1/2 hours, they just leave and you're just standing there with no one around! </p><p>I think my problems are I'm 1 hour (at least) away from Big City in either direction. Too much competition with people closer in. And i wonder if people can find my website?</p><p>How much do you charge? Do you differentiate yourself with things such as greenscreen, etc? One lady asked me if I did Multiple Profiles . I'm pretty sure that lady was an owner -- who else would know about that?</p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • buzzkcphoto
    buzzkcphoto
    That rate would depend on the time frame it fell into for me, if it was Friday or Saturday after 4 then probably too low, but it's still good $$ for the the number of people and hours, just have to cover your costs and if you're still making profit that you're happy with. We just did a 6 hour for $800, but we've got two other events booking from this one in the bag. They are both corporate, so I'm happy, they just want to keep their folks entertained and have a take-away from the party. No after event videos and we'll most likely be on their list for next year and any of their client events they sponsor.
  • Mike
    Mike
    My standard rate is $200/hr. My area in Ohio sounds similar similar to Alice's. I am about 1 hour north of the Columbus and a little over an hour south of Cleveland. In these areas and mine I am priced right in the sweet spot and could do many more events if I chose to. $160 to $250 is what I see the range being here.
  • buzzkcphoto
    buzzkcphoto
    Our rates vary from $100 to $250 depending on the time of day, but looking at past bookings, our rate averages about $150 per hour.
  • georgeplg
    georgeplg
    We charge flat fees. 2 hrs is $795, 3hrs is $875, 4 hrs is $995, 5 hrs is $1225. We do 200 plus booths a year. Don't offer greenscreen or video either. Have some cheaper rates for open air booths but really don't use them too often.
  • Mike
    Mike
    @georgeplg I suspect you are in a larger metropolitan area?