What does "turnkey" mean?

Minh
Minh
I keep hearing about this Turnkey photobooth, what the heck does that term mean??<div>
</div><div>
</div>

Comments

• LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    It's a special photo booth used at Thanksgiving time.

It has feathers on the outside and makes a "gobble gobble" sound as the pictures are taken. After each session most guests will be tired and will sit on the nearest couch/sofa, put their hands in the top of their pants and fall asleep.

It's only used once a year.

oh... I'm sorry.. that's a Turkey photobooth.

Turnkey typically means "ready to go" as in, you buy a turnkey business and all you have to do to start is "turn the key" on the door.

from Wikipedia...
    <p><b>Turnkey</b> refers to something that is ready for immediate use,

generally used in the sale or supply of goods or services.
    </p><p>Similarly, this term may be used to advertise the sale of an

established business, including all the equipment necessary to run it,

or by a business-to-business supplier providing complete packages for

business start-up.
    </p>
    Don't believe it when you see it. Especially with a photo booth. having the gear and software you need is but one small part of this business.
  • Mike
    Mike
    Its more of a sales pitch than anything. At the end of the day owners need to be somewhat technically inclined or face a lot of issues during their first year.<div>
    </div><div>Sure you can purchase a photo booth built by an individual builder or an industrial fabricator or even buy into a franchise (not a bad idea for many imo). But at the end of the day the vast majority of individuals are going to need support, and quite a bit of it during their first year of operation.</div><div>
    </div><div>IMO the only fairly turnkey solution in the industry are a few select franchises that provide individuals with a proven business plan, shared marketing, equipment and technical support. My experience is that there are only a few of them in the USA.</div>
  • Lucktech Photobooths
    Lucktech Photobooths
    <P>"turn key" solutions for most things "scare" me. I'm with @Mike, it is mostly used as a marketing ploy. When you think about it, most things you buy are "turnkey". You buy a new T.V. it works out of the box, right? That by the pure definition is turn key. If they have to tell you its turn key, be at least a little scared. My experience on this is NOT with photobooths but with lots of other industries that like to use the term in their marketing. Just don't have too high of expectations.</P>

<P>Jon</P>
  • alice
    alice
    Lorne, you are too freaking funny! Turnkey: you pay for it, they give you the product, then you own it. You own it and all it's intricacies: financial and mechanical (and cyber). Is there tech support? Do they provide a website FOR you? advertising? contract and agreement forms that suit YOU? Anyway you look at it, once you own it, you will probably be the one doing the work. And that's how it should be. Turkey Photo Booth! (HA, HA!!!)