Do you accept Credit Cards?

Gotcha
Gotcha
<p>Accepting credit cards was something we decided at the beginning that we wanted to do. This world runs on plastic nowadays and we thought accepting credit cards would help our business grow.</p><p>We did some research and decided which company looked the most trustworthy and best for our needs. Boy, were we wrong! Apparently all those good reviews must have been written by them!</p><p>First of all, there were so many hidden fees. We were charged $25 for every month that we didn't accumulate $25 in credit card fees. With the fees only being a small percentage of the amount charged, we would have to charge quite a bit to reach $25. When I questioned the rep about it, he said, "It was my impression that you would be using the gateway pretty consistently." I told him up front what we anticipated our monthly charging to be. </p><p>We were also charged $9.95 a month for something else never mentioned but, thankfully, I got that charge taken care of right away.</p><p>Finally, we were charged $99 this month for some sort of "mandatory fee" that I was never made aware of. Supposedly, this information was in the contract they sent me. Funny, I never received a contract.</p><p>Today, after I closed down our account for good, I decided to google complaints about this company. There were way too many to count and everyone stated the same points as me.</p><p>So, my question to you is, do you accept credit cards? Is it worth it or do you make everyone pay via cash/check? So far, it has not been beneficial to us because we've paid almost as much in fees as we've collected. 9 out 10 jobs have paid with a check.</p><p>Anxious to hear your thoughts.</p>

Comments