PC Laptop. What is the Best PC Laptop?

1shotvideo
1shotvideo
<div>Hi PBO's,</div><div>
</div>I'm in the market for new PC Laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions which brand/make works best? <div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; "><strong>minimum system requirements. </strong></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; ">Windows 7 (64-bit). </span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; ">Dual-core processor. </span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; ">4 GB Memory. </span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; ">500 GB hard-drive space. </span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; ">3 high speed USB ports</span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; "><ul style="list-style-type: square; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 0px; "><li>
</li><li>I'm looking to add a green screen program called NPS to our business. And we want a high speed laptop. Please share links. Budget under $700. Thanks PBOs</li></ul></span></div>

Comments

• Lucktech Photobooths
    Lucktech Photobooths
    I am a big fan of HP. Make sure you get an Intel chip (i5 or i7) and all the ram you can get. Most new machines will have Win 8 but there are ways legally to have Windows 7
  • DazzlingPhotoBooth
    DazzlingPhotoBooth
    In the market too for another PC. I am use to Asus and darn good prices. They have i5 and i7. But come with Windows 8.
    Will research how hard or easy to have windows 7 installed instead.
  • Minh
    Minh
    i got an acer netbook in mines. aspire one with 8gigs ram
  • Soundsations
    Soundsations
    Any computer repair shop should be able to "downgrade" to Win7 for less than $100.00
  • DazzlingPhotoBooth
    DazzlingPhotoBooth
    Right now I use Asus A53z that is 8GB ram with a 1.5ghz quad core....no problems since using it for months that was an upgrade from a 10in netbook that struggled.

I ordered a Lenovo Y500 i7 2.4ghz with 12GB ram (overkill but will us it for other stuff too I have planned).

I was playing around with Win 8 at Bestbuy to see how it works. "May" keep it but first will test all software I use works and has drivers for hiti printer.

Thanks for the tip Soundsations for $100 for Win 7
  • Minh
    Minh
    anyone else using a net book? my lil bugger is still up and hauling like a mule.<div>
    </div><div>aspire one AO756 series. </div>
  • splendidbooth
    splendidbooth
    I have a netbook, it bottlenecks at times... I got a great deal on some refurb i5 laptops so we're switchin over
  • Mike
    Mike
    <blockquote>In the market too for another PC. I am use to Asus and darn good prices. They have i5 and i7. But come with Windows 8.
    Will research how hard or easy to have windows 7 installed instead.
    </blockquote>

Why not just go with Windows 8? It is a great OS, quite stable and will be supported a few longer than Windows 7?
  • MikeN
    MikeN
    So what seems to be the minimum netbook specs to keep up with running the photobooth?<div>
    </div>
  • Mike
    Mike
    What features do plan on running in your booth? Here a few that come to mind that may have impact on the decision.

Software:

Chroma key (aka green screen):

Video:

Animated screens:

Personally I would not recommend a net book. Buy something with an i3 processor or better, plenty of RAM and a graphic processor. You want something reliable and that can continue to be used as the software grows.
  • Soundsations
    Soundsations
    Interesting Mike, I personally LOVE the net book units I have! I've settled on one in particular that has more than enough punch to get the job done at a good balance of price and size. <div>
    </div><div>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220142</div><div>
    </div><div>I would not use it for graphic deign......however it has enough features and more than a decent processor to do video. It's smooth and so far in about 18 booths has been reliable. Even replaced the Atom based netbooks I have in two of my booths and have been very impressed. </div><div>
    </div><div>An i3 would be nice and of course has faster processing times, however I think you would hardly see the difference with a photo booth application. Just by $.02 ;) </div>
  • Mike
    Mike
    Scott, I would call that a Netbook. A lower, but ample powered machine yes. <div>
    </div><div>I was referring to Netbooks that powered by Atom computers and bundled in a laptop format like <a href="http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=netbooks&linkCode=ur2&tag=buaphbo-20&url=search-alias%3Daps">these</a></div>
  • MikeN
    MikeN
    Yea.. that's a Nettop. And I think the Acer is a better machine for the money. The Celeron 887 is a much better performing CPU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103785<div>
    </div>
  • MikeN
    MikeN
    Also, the Inspiron 15 is only $399 and runs a faster CPU then the C 887 as well, i3 processor<div>
    </div><div><ul><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3227U processor (3M Cache, 1.9 GHz)</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">15.6 HD (720p) WLED with Truelife (1366x768)</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">4GB<a class="technote microcontent" rel="technotes:graphics-and-system-memory" href="http://www.dell.com/mc.ashx?id=technotes:graphics-and-system-memory&c=us&l=en&s=soho&modalwidth=400&modalHeight=150&ovropac=0&modalscroll=yes&modaltarget=div&modaltype=tooltip&position=bottom&title=Important%20Details&flip=false&eventType=rollover" name="modalPopup"><sup>2</sup></a> Single Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">500GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">Intel® HD Graphics</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">1 Year Basic Hardware Service and 1 Year NBD Onsite Service</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">4.96 lbs</li><li style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px;border: 0px;vertical-align: baseline;background-color: transparent">
    </li></ul></div>
  • skidz7
    skidz7
    I'm using an Acer Aspire as well. Maxed out the ram & running Windows 7 (64-bit). Recently replaced the HDD with a SSD and only wish I'd done it sonner. Not only is it faster it doesn't suck battery as much as it used to. I normally don't keep a laptop longer than 3 years but this one's pushing 4 and doing great. Definitely worth the $150 investment to go SSD with your current machine if you haven't already and at least see what you get. Hard Drivereads/writes are often the biggest bottleneck when it comes to PC performance.<div>
    </div><div>For a new machine....go 64 bit Windows 7 and as much RAM as you can, and the largest SSD you can. If you stick with a name brand you'll be in good shape. Dell & HP both have pretty good warranty coverage but it comes at a price.</div>