Photo Booth Connected and Kingdom Photo Booths

texasphotobox
texasphotobox
I am trying to run PBC on a kiosk and run the Kingdom Photo Booth as my source for pictures. I spent a lot of time trying to get PBC to work with the Kingdom Photo Booth. I had both on the same network, both with file sharing and allowing others to view files settings on. It still would not let me connect to the computer in the Kingdom Photo Booth at all. I had a third computer there and it would connect to that computer. The PBC software found the computer on the network. When I would try and open that computer to go to its files, it stated that the computer could not be accessed. Gave me an error code. When diagnosed it said that the pathway could not be found??? Any ideas. I found out the folder that the Kingdom puts the pictures into is C:/PHOTOS. Just need to be able to access that computer. Is there any other way to link the two? USB Cable??

Comments

• LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    Which version of windows? Are all PCs the same version? Do you have the error code?

It sounds like permissions. What are the usernames for each PC? Are they all admins?
  • texasphotobox
    texasphotobox
    One is Windows 8 - PBC side<div>One is Windows XP - Photo booth side</div><div>
    </div><div>I will get error code later today. Sorry.</div><div>
    </div><div>Usernames are LSP and booth for the PCs. Both workgroup names are set to WORKGROUP. </div><div>
    Not sure about all being admins, need to go and look.</div>
  • LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    you've got 2 different "sharing" methods at play.

XP doesn't share stuff the same way as win7. Since the XP PC has the files you want to share, go over the sharing settings on it.
  • airmoses83
    airmoses83
    When using PBC and printing a 2x6 photos trip, will the printer know to cut the photo strip? I want to usePBC to print my photos from a kiosk
  • DazzlingPhotoBooth
    DazzlingPhotoBooth
    Mine would know...using hiti and select it there in hiti software.
  • LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    if you are printing directly from PBC... be aware.

PBC uses ONLY the "default" Windows printer settings. Meaning EITHER the 2x6 cut OR the full 4x6 print.

You can't offer both from the kiosk at the same time. When you click the print icon in PBC, it just prints using whatever default settings are active at that time. There isn't a print dialog to change options. And you can't have 2 printers (one for strips, one for full) to choose from either. The default printer is the only one PBC will print to.

PBC does not have the ability to save printer settings to a "profile" like you can in Breeze.
  • LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    found some online resources to show you what needs to be done.

http://www.7tutorials.com/sharing-between-windows-xp-and-windows-7-computers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BET_mYyqZ0
  • texasphotobox
    texasphotobox
    Now when I try to connect it is asking for a username and password. What username and password would it be reffering to? I am already connected to internet (network) on both?
  • LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    The XP machine would be looking for a valid username and password that is in it's system.

You said you have a user called LSP on both machines. That user needs to have permission to access the shared folder.
  • Unknown
    You can turn off the need for a username and password in the sharing options somewhere.
  • Mike
    Mike
    I would recommend providing the requested credentials and keeping the share secure. It does sound like you are almost there though!
  • layuso
    layuso
    I know I am new here, but I hope I can help.
    <div>
    </div><div>They are 2 different methods of file sharing.</div><div>
    </div><div>On the windows XP machine, right click on the folder that the photos are captured to. Click properties, and there is a sharing tab up top. Once there, there is a section called "Network sharing and security". Click on the check box for "Share this folder on the network". If you want more control than just view, also make sure to select "Allow network users to change my files".</div><div>
    </div><div>now before we get started connecting to the computer, lets go to the C: drive on the windows XP computer. Go to the documents and settings folder, and your user folder should be in there. The NAME of the user folder is what you want, this could be supplemented for the username. Windows XP does not require a password for user accounts (windows vista and 7 DO). So when you connect from the windows 7 machine to the windows xp machine, you can type the user folder name as the username, and if you have no password, leave that field blank.</div><div>
    </div><div>After connecting to the windows xp computer from windows 7, you should see the shared folder. This is because you enabled it to be there when you turned on sharing.</div><div>
    </div><div>I do data migration for my job so this is mostly from memory, please let me know if I gave any incorrect steps, but as far as I know this is how you do this.</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt">
    </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt">Also to note, if you create a shortcut on the desktop to the shared folder itself, you can use this to quickly connect and select that folder from software, like PBC.</span></div><div>
    </div><div>-Luis</div><div>
    </div><div>P.S. - for security reasons, if you are using a wireless router to connect the machines, I would consider password protecting not only the connection but any user accounts like mike stated above.</div>
  • texasphotobox
    texasphotobox
    Thanks guys for the help. Kingdom Photo Booth has a software on their booths preventing any access to the computer at all. After speaking to KPB they are coming out with an update late in the year that will allow some of the things PBC does. Great! A little too late for me!<div>
    </div>
  • LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    wow.

I knew about the paper "lock" but not this.

Later in the year? yikes.

Did they disclose this to you on purchase? That the system is "that" closed and proprietary? I don't see that in their marketing materials.
  • Mike
    Mike
    <blockquote>Thanks guys for the help. Kingdom Photo Booth has a software on their booths preventing any access to the computer at all. After speaking to KPB they are coming out with an update late in the year that will allow some of the things PBC does. Great! A little too late for me!<div>
    </div></blockquote>

that is horrible! I bet we can resolve this.

Open a command prompt by pressing Windows + R and typing cmd

At the command prompt type: tasklist /svc >c:tasklist.txt

Attach this file here so we can have a quick look
  • layuso
    layuso
    lol, this sounds like fun, and I am only just getting started here. I saw BRING ON YOUR RESTRICTIONS!!! seriously though, if they run their software like newtek runs the tricaster software, there is no way around it! so heres to hoping they use publicly available software and some 3rd party apps for security!
  • texasphotobox
    texasphotobox
    Hey guys, I just returned to this. Sorry for the delay. Mike I will do this when i get a chance. For now, I am going to experiment with DropBox.<div>
    </div><div>Going to install dropbox on booth computers. Then add an app that allows you to sync a folder with dropbox. THen have the kiosk computer have dropbox on it as well. This folder will be the watch folder for PBC.</div><div>
    What do you think?</div>
  • Unknown
    Hi Everyone,<div>
    </div><div>This is Ken Moss from Kingdom Photo Booth and while I don't know who you spoke to that gave you that information, it is definitely not correct. There is no lockdown on the computer that would prevent you from doing what you are seeking to do. Once you exit the PhotoKing software into Windows XP you are in a fully functional XP environment and it has administrative privileges. </div><div>
    </div><div>While I have never installed this software onto one of our booths, I would be happy to remotely login to your Photo King and help you install the software. Please send me an email to let me know what times might be good for you and we can coordinate our schedules to make this happen.</div><div>
    </div><div>Blessings, Ken</div><div>
    </div>