EyeFi

airmoses83
airmoses83
<p>Has anyone considered using a Eyefi card in their photobooth camera?</p><p>I was thinking of having my booth set up so that the customer goes in the booth and uses a remote to take the picture (looking to have a booth for at least 10 people). At a recent event the photobooth setup was open air and the remote was actually a button on the floor you stepped on, I rather like that remote. There is a monitor inside but will only diplay their image. Then when they leave the booth, I will have a Kiosk running PhotoBoothConnected. Using the EyeFi card in the camera the photos will be loaded onto the hard drive of the kiosk computer. From the Kiosk running PBC the customer can chose what to do with it from there. Print/SMS/Email/Twitter etc. I thought this would shorten the amount of time people are in the booth allowing for the customer to take more photos at events.</p><p>Any ideas or faults with a setup like this?</p>

Comments

• LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    <blockquote>I thought this would shorten the amount of time people are in the booth allowing for the customer to take more photos at events.<p>Any ideas or faults with a setup like this?</p></blockquote>

I'm not seeing how this would happen. The lag between the end of my Breeze Webcam session and that session's formatted file displayed on the PBC grid is about 10-15 seconds.

How do you see an EyeFi card being faster or better than that?
  • Lucktech Photobooths
    Lucktech Photobooths
    Is there any way to sync two eyefi cards together? Meaning, have one in the booth that sends the pics to a second card in say a 32in led tv that shows the pictures in a gallery presentation. This would be really cool without adding another computer!
  • airmoses83
    airmoses83
    <blockquote><blockquote>I thought this would shorten the amount of time people are in the booth allowing for the customer to take more photos at events.<p>Any ideas or faults with a setup like this?</p></blockquote>

I'm not seeing how this would happen. The lag between the end of my Breeze Webcam session and that session's formatted file displayed on the PBC grid is about 10-15 seconds.

How do you see an EyeFi card being faster or better than that?
    </blockquote>

It would shorten time because all the would do in the booth is take the picture and when they come out they can play on the social media kiosk, email, print, leave a message for a photobook, etc. I could have 2 kiosk touchscreens outside of the booth. This way they don't waste time in the booth with a touchscreen trying to figure out what to do. Make sense at all?

Instead of breeze taking the photo, the camera takes the photo and thru the eyefi card uploads it to the folder on my kiosk, where PBC then uses that watch folder and the customer can do what they want with it.
  • LorneChesal
    LorneChesal
    I do see your objective, but I don't think it will be faster for getting pictures to the kiosk. Breeze is not slow at all. I guess you are wanting to deliver only the individual images taken rather than a formatted 4-up layout like Breeze creates.

It will indeed move the "playing" out of the booth and to your kiosks. I think you are just moving the bottleneck from inside your booth to a kiosk. You'll still see guests taking a great deal of time deciding and acting on their options. Just not inside your booth.

If a speedy flow is not what you need, then your idea makes sense. The eye-fi card + PBC are designed to do exactly what you are planning.

My two cents.
  • Lucktech Photobooths
    Lucktech Photobooths
    Breeze can also deliver individual pictures, all you have to do is make sure there is no layout in photobooth images folder. Breeze then doesn't know what to do and just saves the individual pics.
  • airmoses83
    airmoses83
    I was hoping to do it this way to use less equipment but, not think I may just run a windows 8 tablet in the booth area and a 20" all in one touch on the outside to print them.
  • bitcraft
    bitcraft
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I wanted to share my experience with the EyeFi X2 card. I use one for my photo booths as an 'auxiliary' camera that my assistant uses to take candid photos of the guests. It frees him up so that he doesn't have to remove the SD and upload photos to the printer computer.<div>
    </div><div>I've used it with two cameras, a Lumix GF1 and Canon XS, and I have to say that the connection is pretty unreliable, especially with the XS. Pictures can sometimes take up to one minute to transfer (even at modest resolution) and the connection seems to drop frequently. While it is much better with the GF1, I can't recommend using a EyeFi card in place of a USB tether.</div>
  • funfoto
    funfoto
    I will agree with bitcraft. I have used the 4gb Connect x2 and they can be vary unreliable. I have to dedicated to two camera and one laptop with a dedicated router that is unsecured. I use them at wedding for getting candids and sending them to a laptop which is connected to a projector running a live slideshow. I have got to a event and couldn't get either card to connect to my laptop. I have had the same problem with a Pro card connect to my Ipad 2. I connected eye-fi and this is what they recommended.

<p>Hello,</p> <p>Thank you for contacting <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> Customer Care.</p> <p>Please manually copy any images from the card to your computer that you would like to save. Once done, format the <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> card inside of your camera (this will remove all photos from the card). Next, please insert the <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> card into your computer and open <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> Center. Click on the gear next to the picture of the <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> card within <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> Center to access your <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> cards settings. Please verify that your photo destinations are still set correctly and re-add your wireless network to the <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span>

card. Afterwards, place the card in your camera and shoot a few photos.

Leave the camera on and set it down closer to your router, in the same

room if possible. Are these new photos now uploading properly?</p> <p>Kind regards,
    Keon
    <span class="il">Eye</span>-<span class="il">Fi</span> Customer Care</p><p>
    </p><p>I haven't had a chance to try this. I assume that it will work. Because all your doing is setting the cards to connect to the software again. I figure from now on I will have to remove then install cards each time do a event.
    </p>
    <blockquote>Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I wanted to share my experience with the EyeFi X2 card. I use one for my photo booths as an 'auxiliary' camera that my assistant uses to take candid photos of the guests. It frees him up so that he doesn't have to remove the SD and upload photos to the printer computer.<div>
    </div><div>I've used it with two cameras, a Lumix GF1 and Canon XS, and I have to say that the connection is pretty unreliable, especially with the XS. Pictures can sometimes take up to one minute to transfer (even at modest resolution) and the connection seems to drop frequently. While it is much better with the GF1, I can't recommend using a EyeFi card in place of a USB tether.</div></blockquote>