Photobooth options

mocha27
mocha27
<P>I would like to know from other people experiences if building a photobooth on your own its more efficient than buying a photobooth from companies such as MOJO or openairphotobooth? I am very eager to either buy one or build one. If I build one I would like it to be compatible with MAC, ipad compatible, fb/twitter/instagram uploader, and wifi ready. I look forward to launch my small company in the upcoming months. I think this website is great!</P>

Comments

• Minh
    Minh
    I would go against doing macs in this business.. Take it from me.. I hate windows, and I actually work for apple.. But there's no way around it =. Photobooth software isn't really Mac friendly.

As far as building... If you're comfortable with a power drill and tools, then do it yourself.. You'll learn along the way. If you don't wanna deal with getting dimensions and all that jazz, then do what alot of others are doing and buy from the company that already knows what they're doing.

(I built myself, but that's me)
  • bmsentosa
    bmsentosa
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I would agree with Minh. I would stay away from a Mac software, and quite honestly there isn't very many to choose from.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana;font-size: 10pt;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;line-height: normal">
    </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana;font-size: 10pt;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;line-height: normal">Building versus buying is a personal choice.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana;font-size: 10pt;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;line-height: normal">
    </div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Here is my experience. I'm stupid and not handy with tools, but I choose to try and make my own photo unit back in 2008. Now 2013, it took me 4 tries, many dollars, and lots of time to finally find something that worked for me. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The money is not a huge factor because you an always make that up, but the time you can never make up.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If you got the time, job, not in a rush, and want to do it for fun, then I say go and make one. It was fun making mine.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">But if you want to hit the road running and need to make some money, I don't suggest trying to reinvent the wheel.</font></div>
  • Minh
    Minh
    I have to also add... Stress levels go through the roof when making one ;)
  • Soundsations
    Soundsations
    Through the roof??? Guess it's just me, but I find it extremely relaxing when I'm in my woodshop...especially assembling booths. Just spent a couple hours installing a few cameras and strobes in some units. Feel better now than I did when I walked in there!<div>
    </div>
  • Minh
    Minh
    well.. i didnt make it.. i had to find a woodworker, a metal fabricator, a company that cuts 10" diameter holes in lexan, then dealing with making all that go together from a thought in my head. lol so yeaaaaa.... ;)
  • Soundsations
    Soundsations
    Now I'm stressin' over making three graphics for events tomorrow.....I'm such a procrastinator. <div>
    </div>