What Photo Booth Software Do You Use?

Mike
Mike
I thought that this would be a great poll for us to kind of see how the various products available on the market distribute.

Comments

  • Unknown
    Dslr remote pro in the booth. Hotfolder prints and sparkbooth album mode on the printer.... Separate computers for each task. I was tempted to switch to PPU for uploads but I bought a Sony vaio tap-20 instead... So still sparkbooth.
  • skidz7
    skidz7
    Using my own creation at the moment. Looks like there's some great software out there but I'm a perfectionist and nothing available gives me the flexibility/performance & control I like.



    Running on a MAC laptop & iPad for most gigs now with a combination of self-written shell scripts, command line image manipulation libraries, and PHP scripts.
  • Minh
    Minh
    man u created you own photobooth software??



    i would like to see a layout :)



    I'm a breeze man all the way!



    and slideshow i use Breezer too
  • PapaT
    PapaT
    If you have software that works for Mac, you should sell it. I'm a Mac person, but was told it's a PC world for Photo Booth software on these forums. I'm about to make a boat anchor out of my current computer and software. I have a Vanity Photo Booth with their Vanity Soft software. Any other Vanity PB owners out there that could share their experience with Vanity Soft?
  • bitcraft
    bitcraft
    <em>@skidz7 wrote:</em><blockquote>Using my own creation at the moment. Looks like there's some great software out there but I'm a perfectionist and nothing available gives me the flexibility/performance & control I like.



    Running on a MAC laptop & iPad for most gigs now with a combination of self-written shell scripts, command line image manipulation libraries, and PHP scripts.</blockquote>





    A man after my own heart. What you described is how my booth works as well...except for php; i'm using python to glue everything together.
  • skidz7
    skidz7
    <em>@PapaT wrote:</em><blockquote>If you have software that works for Mac, you should sell it.</blockquote>

    It's nowhere near ready for widespread use but when it is that might be possible



    <em>@Minh wrote:</em><blockquote>man u created you own photobooth software??

    i would like to see a layout :)

    I'm a breeze man all the way!

    and slideshow i use Breezer too</blockquote>



    Not much to show yet in the way of layouts. Just a few steps up from photoshop droplets and macros right now.



    <em>@bitcraft wrote:</em><blockquote>A man after my own heart. What you described is how my booth works as well...except for php; i'm using python to glue everything together.</blockquote>



    Nice...are you using any custom software to control the camera? I've been working with the Canon SDK so I can integrate camera functions as well but originally was just using Canon's EOS utility.
  • bitcraft
    bitcraft
    <em>@skidz7 wrote:</em><blockquote><em>@PapaT wrote:</em><blockquote>If you have software that works for Mac, you should sell it.</blockquote>

    It's nowhere near ready for widespread use but when it is that might be possible



    <em>@Minh wrote:</em><blockquote>man u created you own photobooth software??

    i would like to see a layout :)

    I'm a breeze man all the way!

    and slideshow i use Breezer too</blockquote>



    Not much to show yet in the way of layouts. Just a few steps up from photoshop droplets and macros right now.



    <em>@bitcraft wrote:</em><blockquote>A man after my own heart. What you described is how my booth works as well...except for php; i'm using python to glue everything together.</blockquote>



    Nice...are you using any custom software to control the camera? I've been working with the Canon SDK so I can integrate camera functions as well but originally was just using Canon's EOS utility.</blockquote>



    I'm using python bindings of libgphoto for camera access. I've made modifications here and there to get good performance and more stability when switching between preview mode and capture mode. Libgphoto has a habit of 'losing' the camera if it is busy, so I've got ways around it. Mostly hacks, lol.
  • indy99
    indy99
    I am using Breeze but find that it has quite the learning curve on it, not intuitive at all.



    Looking into Darkroom Booth. First time out and it was very easy to set-up a template. The only thing I can not find is how long is the update and support good for.
  • Quebec Photo
    Quebec Photo
    I'm new here and I am slowly building my booth at the moment. I'm a Mac guy and bought the DSLR Pro Picture Booth software. It's made by one guy, and so far, I like his service a lot. Can't vouch for the software just yet as I didn't use it on a job.
  • hilphoto
    hilphoto
    I use Darkroom Photo Booth. Love it! Now with video! Use the template editor all the time. Very easy learning curve.
  • Mike
    Mike
    <em>@Quebec Photo wrote:</em><blockquote>I'm new here and I am slowly building my booth at the moment. I'm a Mac guy and bought the DSLR Pro Picture Booth software. It's made by one guy, and so far, I like his service a lot. Can't vouch for the software just yet as I didn't use it on a job.</blockquote>have a link I haven't heard of or seen this one?
  • cheese-it-up
    cheese-it-up
    Was using Breeze but just switched to Darkroom Booth and WOW is it great!!!
  • schrage_jordan
    schrage_jordan
    <em>@Minh wrote:</em><blockquote>man u created you own photobooth software??



    i would like to see a layout :)



    I'm a breeze man all the way!



    and slideshow i use Breezer too</blockquote>



    Is the slideshow stand alone or part of breeze's booth software.
Sign In or Register to comment.